Thursday, August 2, 2007

Phoenix Feathers!

I hope it isn't too late to post here. I hope everybody isn't just going to go away and forget just because Book 7 has come out. There is so much more knitting to do, to celebrate and to remember. I, for one, will not only be finishing the Severus Snape Pomatomus Socks, but will be knitting a Severus Snape Lace Scarf too - the kind someone should have made for him, to make him feel wanted and loved.


But the last week has been spent up to the elbows in dye vats as I struggled to recreate the incredible plumage of Dumbledore's wonderful mythical phoenix, so that I could do justice to Socktopia's amazing Fawkes socks. Eventually I think I've got somewhere near.


What do you think? This is a very nice superwash merino/tencel blend which has a lovely silky texture and superb stitch definition. It should make very nice Fawkes socks. I dyed four skeins so three of them will go up on eBay this evening under the Celtic Memory label and the last is mine, mine, all MINE. The socks start tonight...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my God, Jo, that is gorgeous. Those colors are exactly what I would have imagined and I bet the picture doesn't even do them justice. Talk about creative genius! And thank you for sharing... those of us with absolutely no business buying anymore yarn might be on eBay tonight...

Treesh said...

Jo, that yarn is just wonderful. The color is perfect for Fawkes. Very beautiful!

Ann said...

That colorway is just perfect!
You are right - there is so much more HP knitting/crafting to do! I really want to make myself a Hogwarts blanket with all of the houses (though I'm a bit ticked at Slytherin for not really pulling through in the end...) I'm considering sewing it instead of knitting...
I'd love to see your shawl for Snape when you make it!