Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Introduction

Welcome to Harry Potter and the Book Seven KAL, the place to read, talk, knit and crochet all things Harry. Inspired by my friend Ann, who decided to re-read each book, in order, between now and the release of The Deathly Hollows, I decided a Knit-a-long, Read-a-long in honor of the end of the series was in order. Is it possible the Harry series is almost at a close? Can it really have been nearly ten years since the release of Sorcerer's Stone? Is the time to the final book going to drag by?
Well, pull out your boxed sets, dust-off your burgundy and gold yarn, and set to a project!
We'll take the books in order, one to a month. However, due to the length of Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets and the time left between now and the last book, we'll read both these books in the month of Feb or at least start Chamber and carry it over into March with Azkaban. There are no hard and fast rules about what book you might want to discuss and all Harry subjects are welcome. The book a month provides only a simple chronology of what to read from now until the final book, which would look like this:
Feb- Sorcerer's Stone/Chamber of Secrets
March- Finish Chamber of Secrets/Prisoner of Azkaban
April- Goblet of Fire
May- Order of the Phoenix
June/start of July- Half-Blood Prince
July- Deathly Hollows!!!!
We'll be sorting people into their houses, so when you join please introduce yourself and let us know which house you either a) think you would be in b) have already been sorted into or (if you sorted the way you hoped!) c) both.
For questions please check the Guidelines section.
There will also be contests, one for books 1-3 and one for 4-6. Check Contests for rules and prize details!

12 comments:

Donna said...

Hello! My name is Donna and I would love to join this KAL.

Miss Scarlett said...

Oooh just found this. I would LOVE to join. I was just thinking I should get going on re-reading the series.

lostarts said...

This sounds like fun. I'd like to join and have started knitting a Ravenclaw scarf yesterday.

My name is Johann Mitchell, and my blog is at www.xanga.com/lostarts.

I like the colors of Ravenclaw, and I guess if I went to Hogwarts, that's probably the house I'd've been sorted into.

I really can't choose a favorite from the books or movie. If REALLY pressed, Prisoner of Azkaban stands out. If done well, time travel stories are always the best.

Do we have to announce our projects in February? Also, there's a chart for stars, so is it OK to make something with the star motif as a Harry project? I LOVE stars!

So, anyway, I'm obviously doing a Ravenclaw scarf, at least for starters.

grrrlartist said...

hi i'm tiffany ... would love to join. i'm thrilled to be a gryffindor! my blog is grrrlartist-knits.blogspot.com. i'm a huge HP geek and i'm in the middle of a very ambitious HP knitting project. thanks for starting this KAL!

eKNITabeth said...

Hail, Hail, the gang's all here...

This is the KAL I've been waiting for!

My name is eKNITbeth and I'm a Ravenclaw (Hufflepuff was a moderately close second). To prove it, I have done the research ;D (I sampled a variety automated sorters and HP communities with essay tests, about 8 in all). I would be thrilled to get an invite so I can post about the books (my favorites are GoF and HBP) and movies (PoA is the best). I've shipped Ron/Hermione (and Harry/Ginny, before it actually happened) since the beginning. My husband tolerates my obsession (read: he'll watch the movies, but not read the books--fie). I have not yet knit anything HP related, but I have scouted all four movies thoroughly for every knitted garment/blanket/tea cozy etc. (there are a rediculous amount! i love it!)

Alright, enough already!
Happy Knitting/Reading!
E.

Just A Knit Wit said...

Hi! My name is Kelly and I'd love to join this KAL.

I'm a Slytherin (and proud!) and my blog addy can be found at www.knitwitty.blogspot.com

Thanks!

bonitapita said...

Hi.
I would love to join. According to the Sorting Hat I'm in Hufflepuff. That would probably be about right. My blog is castingaway.wordpress.com. I've not yet knitting anything HP related but I'd love to do some house related socks (I guess yellow and black, huh?). I love listening to the books on CD while knitting so this should be easy-peasy. I'll just have to catch up!
Looking forward to all this!

Rebecca said...

I would like to join up with you for this KAL. I've already been sorted into Gyffindor and have several projects in mind.

Rebecca
http://socks-for-mum.blogspot.com

S said...

Hey... I would love to join this KAL. How do I do that?


Shalanda

Crafty said...

Hi my name is Cora and I love anything to do with Harry. I have designed some illusion knitted cloths and would love to join this Kal. I have been sorted into the Hufflepuff House.

My main blog is http://craftygal65.wordpress.com/ .

Cora

Anonymous said...

I would love to join this KAL, my name is Jaime, I have been sorted into Gryffindor. My blog is www.knittingfaerie.blogspot.com, I was about half way finished with a school scarf, only to not be able to find it now, so I have started over and hope to finish it by the time the movie or book comes out. Thank you for starting this KAL. :)

Jaime

theShizzKnit said...

Looking forward to book 7, any day now! Pls add me to the KAL. I've been sorted into Ravenclaw. Which is correct: blue/silver or blue/bronze?