Sunday, February 18, 2007

Karen's Intro

Greetings fellow Harry Potter Enthusiasts!

My name is Karen. I'm a Gryffindor. I've been reading the HP books since sometime after book four. I enjoy all things Harry Potter. The Leaky Cauldron is my site of choice for HP news.

My knit blog is In Knitting News. Please feel free to stop by to check out my knitting and say Hello.

Picking a favorite book is so difficult I enjoy all of them. HP1 introduces us to Harry and the Wizarding World. Two shows Voldemort's power and introduces Ginny as a larger character. Three brings in the beloved Professor Lupin and Serious Black. Four shows Harry's strength and a bit more of the Wizarding World. Five shows Harry's growing teenage angst and brings loss. Six brings more horrible loss for Harry. What does seven hold? I have my own theories I'm looking forward to sharing. But we will not really know until the book comes out in 152 days from this post.

I think Goblet of Fire followed by Prisoner of Azkaban are my favorite movies. I enjoy all four and am so excited about Order of the Phoenix. My sister and I have attended 12:01AM openings for all four of the movies. First showings have the BEST crowds! It's so worth the sleep deprivation later that day.

I would like to share a few pictures of my past Harry Potter Knits. To date I've knitted two Rugby strip and one Trapped Bar house scarves in Gryffindor colors. I've also knitted Allison Hansel's HiP scarf, in Gryffindore colors. All four scarves were together at the Goblet of Fire 12:01AM showing. My sister Allison, the on the far left, has Hip and one of the Rugby stripes. The other two were gifted to one of Allison's coworker's daughter. All three, except Hip, were knitted in the round so they were essentially long tubes closed on each end with tassels. To say they are warm is an understatement. The Trapped Bar scarf took forever to knit, it seemed to just never end.



I've also knitted Hatmione and the mittens designed Lauren Kent of atypically.knit I recommend both patterns. They are well written and the charts are nice and big so they are easy to read. My sister Allison received the set for Christmas 2005.


One more HP inspired knit to share. I knitted Jess Hutchison's Kate in Gryffindor colors, again for my HP loving sister Allison. Do you see a trend here? Anyway. Kate is a super fun little knit.


I'm currently searching out suitable yarn to knit the Fiber Trends Huggable Hedgehog in Gryffindore colors for, you guessed it, my sister.

Happy knitting and reading everyone!

No comments: