Sunday, May 6, 2007

Yule Ball Wear

The well dressed Ravenclaw boy can already wear the Ravenclaw tie to the Yule Ball. But what about the well dressed Hogwarts girls?

For their dancing outfits I present:

The Gryffindor Shrug


The Slytherin T-back Top



The Hufflepuff Sneak-a-peek Tank





Project Details:
Yarn: Handspun
The yarn for all these tops is my own handspun. I purchased the fiber on February 25, 2007. These wonderful blends are from Crosspatch Creations. The Gryffindor Shrug is the colorway Rhiannon's Fire. The Slytherin T-back is the colorway Shadow Grove. And the Hufflepuff Tank is the colorway Black Hills Gold. I spun the yarn during March and April.

Patterns:
Gryffindor Shrug: Fiber Trends Shoulder Shrug
Slytherin T-back: Waikiki T-strap Top from Crystal Palace
Hufflepuff Tank: Sneak-a-peek Tank from Interweave Press Subscriber only section

Start Date: Feb. 25, 2007 because that's when I came home with all the fiber
Finish Dates:
Gryffindor Shrug - April 5, 2007
Slytherin T-back - April 26, 2007
Hufflepuff Tank - May 3, 2007

I'm keeping track of all my HP KAL projects here.

9 comments:

Just A Knit Wit said...

Wow! Those are beautiful!!

Ann said...

Maann!
You have spun and knit those all up since The end of February!?! Tha's incredible. They look great - I think the Slytherin top may be my favorite!

Treesh said...

Thanks all. Tank tops are fun to do because they are fairly quick knits. All were at a gauge of about 16-17 stitches to 4 inches so they came together fairly quickly. I like the Hufflepuff top because it has crochet in it too but I do think that the Slytherin one may be my favorite.

Cheryl said...

WOW< great work, I love the HufflePuff tank, really lovely

GirlyWithATwist said...

How come there is no Ravenclaw one? *sad face* But the rest look great!

aksunflour said...

I like the Hufflepuff top also. You are a fast knitter and spinner. Congrats.

Scarves For All Reasons said...

Very beautiful tops. Great job and lots of fun karen a

Treesh said...

There is no Ravenclaw one because, well, I did a Ravenclaw tie for the first part of the KAL. So I was trying to be fair :)

Miss Scarlett said...

Treesh that is brilliant!
I love that you have made something for every House!