Thursday, June 21, 2007

Controversial topic

Interesting topic or is this Pandora's Box?
Today at work another mom and I started discussing JK Rawlings. Strangely enough J.K. attends the same church that C.S. Lewis did. When he did his writings many Christians didn't read his books because of magical creatures. Also when a reporter asked J.K. what her views where on being a Christian. J.K.'s response was if "I answered than I would be giving out the ending of my book". I already knew about the connection between a mother's love and Christ's love and good vs. evil. But now I am really curious. Just some thoughts.

4 comments:

KnittyLynn said...

Hmm.
That is really interesting.

So does Harry sacrifice himself in the end for everyone..
Wow. Seriously something to chew over and discuss more on the other side of book 7!

Treesh said...

Some friends and I were discussing HP this past weekend. One of those friends went to seminary. She talked about the notion of immortality. Voldemort wants to be immortal and will go to all lengths to insure that. Dumbledore, on the other hand, stresses the power of love and how it endures. So Dumbledore allows himself to die.

I wonder - will Dumbledore come back as a spiritual guide (a bit like Obi Wan and Yoda after they died)?

aksunflour said...

Wow! DH said that we probably hadn't seen the last of Dumbledore. So I wonder if he will be a ghost

Just A Knit Wit said...

I don't think Dumbledore will come back as a ghost. He's spent so much time in so many of the books stressing how death is not something to resist or be afraid of.