Thursday, March 1, 2007

MaryBeth's Intro

Hello Everybody!

I know, I am late.... the belated MaryBeth :)

I AM excited about this! As if I needed more enthusiasm about knitting LOL.

Not only have I been re-watching all the Harry Potter movies, having my son search for where the books have been mislaid, but I have had my hubby getting me the books on audio for me to be able to knit and listen too!

I am so wanting to make some socks for house elves. My friend's daughter is always saying she is a elf (when you ask her if she is Shannon, she says *NO! I am an ELF*, so I call her their house elf :) I want to make her a pair of socks. I am thinking maybe some in Griffyndorf colors for her to wear around the house, nice bulky warm ones. That would start my KAL for this project along very nicely :)

Stay warm everyone!
MaryBeth

4 comments:

Ann said...

Great project idea - I especially like that there is a little girl out there who considers herself an elf. That's faboo to me!
Welcome along!

Miss Scarlett said...

Aww how sweet is that?
Socks are a great idea.

aksunflour said...

Welcome, better late than never. To bad you got sorted into Gryffindor. We could use more people in Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Seriously while reading the books I always got the impression that the Houses were sorted equally. And yes I have tried to do the calculations as to how to a House.

What is with the socks? Because I am attempting to knit Hufflepuff socks also.

grrrlartist said...

welcome! and i highly recommend the audio books - Jim Dale is absolutely fantastic! i am just listening to the 6 books on disc over and over ... trying to decifer little hints that JKR has left for us.