Monday, July 16, 2007

Contest #2 Entries

I have been feverishly knitting these past few months. It is because I know I will be going back to teaching after having a year off and, when that happens, I expect that I will not have much time to knit.

So I have several projects finished for the second part of this KAL. I've posted about all these FO's as I completed them, but here is a recap.

First is the Yule Ball Wear. I've been taking ballroom dance lessons since September and I had wanted to make some things to wear for dancing. Then, as I was re-reading the books, it occurred to me that I could knit some ball attire inspired by the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire. I saw that I had some wonderful silk/wool fiber that reminded me of some of the house colors and I made a set of three tops for Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff. I had already made a tie for Ravenclaw for Contest #1 so I didn't make a Yule Ball top in those colors. I had purchased the fiber at the end of February, so I spun up all the yarn for all three tops before beginning to knit them.

Here are my three Yule Ball tops for Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff:


Then there are the Gryffindor pets. This started out because I found an adorable pattern for an owl and made a tiny owl that reminded me of Pigwidgeon. Thus began my journey into making Gryffindor pets. I next made a baby Hedwig, then a tiny little Trevor toad, and finally a fuzzy Crookshanks. I didn't use handspun for these - I either used scrap yarn or, in the case of Crookshanks, bought some yarn at my LYS.

Here they are:


As my last project, I decided to make something out of Charmed Knits, and the Phoenix Tears Scarf looked like a fun thing to knit. My LYS had what I thought was the perfect fuzzy yarn (Whisper by Crystal Palace) and I thought it would feel so nice and soft. So here is the Phoenix Tears Scarf.


There they all are - all my projects. You can read details about these and all my HP projects for this KAL here. I had a lot of fun and I can hardly wait until Saturday!

No comments: