Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hogwarts House Bracelets

Here's my entry for contest number 2:



Bracelets for three of the Hogwarts Houses. I lost my red floss for Gryffindor and I hadn't the time to go out and buy more. Also the pattern needed a lot of tweaking. But the other houses are well represented. I really love how the Slytherin bracelet came out. They are all knitted with DMC Perl 5 cotton on size 0 dpns.

Also I am making (like I mentioned before) a Hogwarts Unity bracelet, but I don't know if I can get it finished before midnight (I may finish knitting it but not blocked by then and blocking really shows the lace). But here's a preview...I'll post pictures of it tomorrow once it's finished.



You can barely see the yellow topaz crystal I used but trust me it's there. LOL. I actually only have two or three repeats but I have something to go to tonight, so no knitting time...pfft.

4 comments:

Just A Knit Wit said...

Those are beautiful! I love the Slytherin one. What pattern did you use?

Treesh said...

Nice bracelets! I really like the unity bracelet you're doing. I hope you get done in time :)

Treesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birdwell said...

Knit Wit: They are all my own patterns. If any one wants the pattern email me privately and I'll send it to ya. I am planning to sell the pattern itself--although I might change the names to Wizard bracelets it avoid any trademark infringement issues ;). But I am more than willing to give the pattern gratis to members of this KAL.

Thanks for all the complements guys!