Tuesday, July 24, 2007

HP Boxed Set

In September a boxed set of all 7 books is coming out. The box looks wonderful! Since I don't currently own the books I thought I might get a boxed set of all books.

But...

What I really want is the British versions of the books. So I've been checking Amazon.co.uk and I see that in October a boxed set is also coming out, but they don't as yet have any pictures.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the adult versions and the children's versions? I didn't see any references to those differences on the HP Lexicon so I was wondering if they just had different cover art.

4 comments:

Miss Scarlett said...

The cover art is different that's all.
I was so disappointed when I found that out - I thought maybe they would be scarier, or have more info.
I guess someone out there expects adults reading the books to be ashamed of 'kid covers' and so the Adult version.

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much Treesh I just preordered two of the British sets. When we were in Ireland last month DS2 but a couple of volumes but not the whole set.

Ann said...

I'd like to get some of the audiobooks as read by Stephen Fry in the UK versions. HUbby and I are Fry Fans. I expect he does a great job. I think Jim Dale, the guy who reads the American books, is good, (We've been giving them to my mother as they are released.)but I really want to hear Stephen Fry reading them. I can't decide whether to get the first as read by him or one of my favorites. Hmm....
I wish they would just make UK and American editions the same. It makes me feel like one of us is missing out on something.
I know we're a bit different, but we can take words like "jumper" and "snogging" and figure it out.

Woolly Bits said...

I don't quite understand why they bothered with different covers - as anybody who can read can quite easily read the title?? and will most likely know what the book is about:) the audio books read by Fry are super, after listening to the first six I am still amazed how he manages to speak the different persons the same for every book! I recognize them immediately and the only reason why I bother to buy the book instead of the audio - is that I am too curious to wait for the latter:)