Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Most Dangerous Stunt

So I was at the Renaissance Faire this past weekend, watching one of the shows, a group that does "stupid and dangerous" stunts with fire and knives and what not.

So towards the end of the show the girl steps forward and announces "I will now perform our MOST DANGEROUS STUNT!!" Walking off stage, she returns with Deathly Hallows in hand. "I will read... the last page!"

It was a joke, of course, and everyone did exactly what they were supposed to do, scream and cover their ears and yell and stomp.

The head of the group runs forward, grabs the book away and says "Umm... that one's a bit TOO dangerous. Lets just juggle the knives again."

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I've BEEN there! Staying with a girlfriend who picked up her copy at midnight and she said, 'What do you think - shall we read the last page?' Yeah, I screamed and stamped too. And I've spent the last couple of days avoiding all websites, newspapers, TV programmes etc. so I wouldn't find out before I got there in my own good time!

Good, wasn't it? Wow!